Re: [MiNT] FreeMiNT development through CVS

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 07, 2000 at 08:23:04AM +0200, Tomas Berndtsson wrote:
> "Guido Flohr" <gufl0000@stud.uni-sb.de> writes:
>
> > On Sat, Jun 03, 2000 at 08:26:58PM +0200, Tomas Berndtsson wrote:
> > > Will you provide anonymous access to read from the CVS? Will the
> > > MiNTLib also use this CVS?
> >
> > No, because it's just too awkward to maintain a CVS tree through a modem
> > line (from an appartment where the room-mates keep the telephone line
> > constantly busy).
>
> Naah, I do that all the time. We do that for all our projects in
> NoCrew. CVS just sends patches over the net, and it can compress them,
> if you want, so it's really not very slow at all.
>
> You'll still be working on your local copy, when you develop, and then
> you can just commit all changes at once, when the modem line is up.
>
> But it's your choice, of course ;)

CVS would be overkill for the MiNTLib.  I don't receive that many patches
that it would pay out.  I will have a look though and may give it a
try.  But I never seriously worked with CVS so far and I will need some
time to get used to it.  Having separate branches for production and
development would definitely be helpful, even on a loopback-only network.

Ciao

Guido
--
http://www.stud.uni-saarland.de/