Re: [MiNT] FreeMiNT history...

Man, was it really so long ago? Apparently...

Yes, Eric R. Smith wrote MiNT originally as a freeware project. I glommed
onto it early on, having done a bunch of ST-Minix and MicroRTX up to that
point. The feature set (system calls and such) was modeled after BSD
services, but it's not based on FreeBSD in any way, it's all original code
written from scratch.

Eric got hired by Atari, that's how they "got hold of it"...

MultiTOS is a package consisting of MiNT and MultiAES. When you talk about
"MultiTOS" it's this combination that you're talking about. The kernel all
by itself is just MiNT.

  -- Howard Chu