Re: [MiNT] Shutdown() discussion

>> BTW. I'd be very happy if someone could finally fix the problem with
>> FVDI blocking Cconws() output, because without fixing this I cannot
>> even see messages MiNT produces during boot (which could probably
>> reveal more EmuTOS issues), not to speak about opening the boot menu.
>
> It is not blocking anything.

Petr, please, accept one thing: it is. Otherwise I wouldn't waste the time
mine and yours writing useless emails reporting something that does not
happen.

> You probably need a VT52 emulator

I must point out that I have a VT52 emulator. It is inside the ROM and works
great until the time the fVDI is loaded. Then the screen output stops. The
last message that appears is fVDI's message with version number (sometimes
it is not even fully displayed, which makes the thing more interesting).

Despite that, this is not a matter of the VT52 emulator, or a BCONOUT.PRG,
because f.e. NVDI is somehow able to load and initialize without making
GEMDOS troubles displaying text stuff.

> Normally the boot is so fast that I don't notice anything on the
> screen, anyway.

This is why there is step-by-step initialization in MiNT. :)

> I didn't know you would need VT52 in the short moment
> between starting MiNT and opening desktop.

This is quite a long moment and MiNT outputs quite a lot of information
then. And it can be even longer moment, when I don't load AES at all (as
Ingo pointed out).

--
CVV
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz, http://draco.atari.org

** Ea natura multitudinis est, aut seruit humiliter, aut superbe dominatur.
** Taka to już natura pospólstwa, albo służalczo się płaszczy,
** albo bezczelnie się panoszy. (T. Liuius XXIV, 25).