Re: [MiNT] Shutdown() discussion

On Fri, 2003-12-12 at 11:20, Konrad Kokoszkiewicz wrote:
> it even boots, but hangs while opening AES physical workstation (I guess). I
> discovered, that the problem is in the NVDI. I load both FVDI (to have
> proper gfx driver) and NVDI (to have vector GDOS). This combo, as it seems,
> only works on TOS 4.04, not on EmuTOS.

Yes. It would be best if we could avoid the commercial NVDI altogether.
We hoped for fVDI to become a full replacement of NVDI but it seems it
won't happen anytime soon. Now with the new oVDI there is another
chance. The earlier we get rid of NVDI the better.

> BTW. I'd be very happy if someone could finally fix the problem with FVDI
> blocking Cconws() output, because without fixing this I cannot even see
> messages MiNT produces during boot (which could probably reveal more EmuTOS
> issues), not to speak about opening the boot menu.

It is not blocking anything. You probably need a VT52 emulator that
would work even before opening the workstation. I don't remember what
Johan said about this problem, sorry. I will try to experiment with the
BCONOUT.PRG to see if I can get it working.

Normally the boot is so fast that I don't notice anything on the screen,
anyway. I didn't know you would need VT52 in the short moment between
starting MiNT and opening desktop.

BTW, now I realize that the fVDI probably shouldn't initialize until the
workstation is opened so it should let the LineA VT52 emulator continue
displaying stuff until then. Hmm. We'd need Johan here to know more.

Petr