Re: [MiNT] Missing .so libs 'solution'?

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004, Frank Naumann wrote:

> Hello!
>
> > > IIRC ELF architecture uses some fixed adresses (program is loaded at fixed
> > > address).
> >
> > This is something really easy to fix based on this pure description IMO.
> > ;)
>
> I'm interesting to hear how do you reloacate an already reloacated ELF
> binary to another start address.

I'm not going to do that. I don't plan to share the libraries across
multiple process's space. From this point of view the VM is just an
optimalization of memory consumption.

No further relocations beyond binary startup. The lib would be loaded
several times into physical memory and relocated for each such case.

STan