Re: [MiNT] FreeMiNT 1.16 - have you all switched yet?

mikro wrote:

how many of you haven't switched to 1.16 yet? Can Frank declare the 1.16
as mainline now and 1.15.12 as old and unsupported? I have installed it
on several ARAnyMs and also on my AfterBurner040 and it seems to work
OK. There are of course known bugs so it might be better to release
1.16.x that would fix the known bugs and then ask again if somebody
haven't switched yet and why..

i've had a some problems that are fixed now, but there are two things that
doesn't make my life easier:
1. cd rom support. extendos .xfs doesn't work under 1.16.x and i'm not sure
about spin, i think there were some problems, too. what do you use?

Spin works great for me - with all the normal CT60 caveats.

2. keyboard handling. i remember draco did some changes and since that i'm
not able to get correct working keys like control (try aniplayer +
control+arrow - it does nothing) or alt (try devpac alt+a for example), caps lock
does always "click" even when i disable "clicking" of the keys (in clocky:)
This happens on 1.16.1 kernels. and on 1.16.0 there's that thing with
"disabled" keyboard during the boot.

This is interesting. Haven't noticed any of these symptoms yet, but I haven't done anything that would cause them to appear.

except this, i haven't any reason to stay on 1.15.12, i even stopped to use
n_aes ;)

Indeed, I need to check out the latest version of Xaaes.km. I think I saw that ozk fixed that root window overdrawing the menu bug. That was the last thing that really ticked me off ;-) Now we just need non-proportional fonts as system font and I'll be quite pleased ;-)

Mark