Re: [MiNT] Shareable/loadable libraries: a preliminary document

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 15:19:57 -0700, Howard Chu <hyc@highlandsun.com> wrote:
> we always had to bend over backward and
> support 68000 in addition to everything else so we couldn't rely on the
> presence of an MMU or virtual memory.

I don't really understand everything being discussed here and I
am going to be controversial and ask the old question. Should
68000 support be considered for such an advanced step in FreeMint
development ?

I know lots of people still use 68000 Ataris and I have nothing
against that but there is a lot of OS choice for these machines
(current Mint version, Magic, Geneva). Why restrict future Freemint
development ?

Is it not enough to support 030, 040 and 060 cpu's in the future
releases ? I am not trying to upset 68000 users but I think the
Mint developers job is probably hard enough supporting a platform
as diverse as the Atari.

Sorry if I have ruffled a few feathers.

Regards,

Peter