[MiNT] More about mouse wheels

Title: FW: Mouse wheels with xaaes

Hi!

More about mouse wheels.

I recieved the last week a Jerry ST mouse adapter, this hardware allow you to use a ps/2 mouse with a Falcon and other Ataris. Without drivers it works like a standard mouse, but if you want to take adventage of wheels or  third button, you need to plug a second connector into the joystick port and use a driver.

The driver is loaded by a programm that is in the AUTO folder and needs a programm called Trapper to work. This program expands some AES functions like evnt_multi to make them work with wheel messages.

These two programms and the driver work fine with MiNT+Naes (although i am sure that their use is not recommended by MiNT mainteners),  under MiNT+Xaaes it doesn't work, because Xaaes already has his own mouse driver and expanded AES routines to manage wheel events... i guess.

I think that right now the combination Xaaes+moose only support Milan hardware to allow the use of wheels, also the VDI in the machines where you can use Jerry ST or Eiffel don"t have the os call vex_wheelv, so if we want to add support for another hardware like Jerry ST or Eiffel, which would be the best way to do it?: Adding the code direct in actual Moose to support the hardware?  doing differents "Mooses" for each hardware variant? expanding VDI with vex_wheelv() call ? With auto folder programms?

Thanks

David