Re: [MiNT] wind_xget()

 Correct ;-) The call from my point of view is like I wrote above :)

> It's ok for me.

 Good, I just checked in the changes, WF_FIRSTAREAXYWH should not be
implemented in XaAES.

> The missing piece is a way to detect the availability of this function. I
> propose appl_getinfo(AES_WINDOW(=11)). bit 9-15 of out1 seems to be unused
> at the moment, so bit 9 may be used to indicate that WF_FIRSTAREAXYWH is
> implemented.

 Okie, sounds find by me. Should we do so?

> About the detection of XaAES by using wind_get(WF_XAAES):
> >
> >  Arnaud, do you think it will be a problem removing this, and come up
> > with a way to obtain such info via appl_getinfo() instead?
>
> ATM, windom uses that call to detect the presence of xaaes (function
> vq_xaaes() of windom). Windom internally use this function to detect the
> availability of MENU in window. If vq_xaaes()>=0x963 then windom may use
> AES wind_set(WF_MENU) to install menu in window.. and let the AES handle
> the menu. If xaaes is not detected, then windom uses its own menu
> management to install a menu in the window and handle it.

> I think it's a good idea to have a new appl_getinfo() mode to return
> informations about the AES, but i don't see why wind_get(WF_XAAES) should
> be removed. ok, wind_get(WF_XAAES) is not the best choice for aes
> detection... but it's not worst than wind_get(WF_WINX), and it's better
> than cookies ;)
>
> BTW, i don't care if wind_get(WF_XAAES) no more work. it's ok for me.

 Ok.. see my suggestion below for such detection.

> About identification of AES, if i sum-up, we have:
>
> #define APGI_VERSION 96
> appl_getinfo(APGI_VERSION, &min_version, &maj_version, &arch, &status)
>
> and for APGI_AESINFO (value = 0x5800 ???), we can think of an alternate
> version of appl_getinfo()... something like:

Yes, value of APGI_AESINFO should be agreed on.. suggestions?

> appl_getinfo_str( short mode, char *str1, char *str2, char *str3, char
> *str4);
> which set
> aes_addrin[0] = str1;
> aes_addrin[1] = str2;
> aes_addrin[2] = str3;
> aes_addrin[3] = str4;
> and aes_control[2]=1 (intead of 5) to tell that nothing is expected in
> intout[1..4].

 Ok, as a way to detect which aes we can use intout[1/2] to contain a 4-
letter ID, like 'MyAES' or 'XaAES' in addition to the above definition.
This would make wind_get(WF_XAAES) redundant, and can be removed.

 So, aes_control[2]=3 (instead of 5)

I was thinking that this ID could be put into the 'short_name' string in
my original suggestion, but I think this is better.

 Opinions?

> So the AES shall check the number of entries for addrin and intout in
> aes_control[] to check which appl_getinfo is called. We even can go
> further and use the same mode (APGI_VERSION) for both:
>
> short min_version, maj_version, arch, status;
> char aes_name[64], aes_version[64];
>
> appl_getinfo(APGI_VERSION, &min_version, &maj_version, &arch, &status)
> appl_getinfo_str( APGI_VERSION, aes_name, aes_version, NULL, NULL);

 Yes, that sounds excellent to me :-)

> where
> aes_name will be filled in with "OurAES"
> aes_version will be filled in with "1.02b (25 dec 2004)"
>
> opinions ?

 I like it. With the addition of AES ID (which is a fixed-lenght AES ID)
in intout[1/2] for
appl_getinfo(APGI_VERSION, aes_name, aes_version, NULL, NULL);
I really like this idea :)

Regards,

 Odd Skancke