Re: [MiNT] Re[3]: usage of wind_calc()

ons, 13,.07.2005 kl. 22.55 +0200, skrev Zorro:
> Evan Langlois a écrit :
>
> >>The difference is that the users of macos 7.x are only a few percent of
> >>the people on Mac.
> >>

> >Know why?
> >
> >THEY HAD TO UPGRADE!
> >
> >Get your cause and effect straight.  Apple doesn't refuse to support OS
> >7 because so few people use it, so few people use it because its no
> >longer supported.
> >
> >What AES is actively supported?
> >

> MyAES and Xaaes.
>
> Should I drop the MyAES's support in my apps and to send a little
> "sorry" to the MyAES author?
>
> Or maybe do you want to obligate MyAES to follow the Xaaes' specifications?

 Or maybe discuss how to best implement WCOWORK in both AES's? Up to now
the only thing I've heard is that because of a library, WCOWORK is no
good. And up to now the design of this library sounds horrific. To me it
sounds like the design is so bad its very hard to support new things
like WCOWORK.

> >>I don't count Naes/MyAES, The MagiC users only are 50% of the Atarians.
> >>( I hope that you know that).
> >>

> >If they have no reason to switch, they won't.
> >

> And the application developpers should provide this reason?
>
> Currently, the MiNT kernel has nothing better that the MagiC one( Maybe
> the ext2/Minix partition support?.. nothing important for the final user).

 Perhaps not visible to the end user, but then again, Windows does not
provide anything important over Linux either, if this is your point of
view. But we both know that Linux is a better design.

> When the freemint kernel will offer a *good* memory protection, virtual
> memory and ELF external libraries/binaries, the users will "switch"
> automatically.

 Together with XaAES, MiNT actually offers very good memory protection,
not perfect, but very good. There are still problems with some (if not
all) VDI's, and once that is implemented in a decent way, at least we
have a secure Memory Protection scheme. I did a lot of work on just
that. The wdialog extentions even works without being too big a security
holes. Its designs like that we just have to avoid.

Odd Skancke