Re: [MiNT] Re[3]: usage of wind_calc()

Hi,

Odd Skancke a écrit :

Or maybe discuss how to best implement WCOWORK in both AES's?
It's better that you talk directly to Olivier.

And the application developpers should provide this reason?

Currently, the MiNT kernel has nothing better that the MagiC one( Maybe the ext2/Minix partition support?.. nothing important for the final user).
Perhaps not visible to the end user, but then again, Windows does not
provide anything important over Linux either, if this is your point of
view. But we both know that Linux is a better design.
Linux a good design? the various BSD yes, but linux... ( please, don't reply to this sentence or this thread will never finish :-)

When the freemint kernel will offer a *good* memory protection, virtual memory and ELF external libraries/binaries, the users will "switch" automatically.

Together with XaAES, MiNT actually offers very good memory protection,
not perfect, but very good.

IMHO we will have a good memory protection when we will have the virtual memory to provide separate address spaces. ( just my 0.1 cent).

There are still problems with some (if not
all) VDI's

And with some apps.

ciao,
Zorro