Re: [MiNT] Re[3]: usage of wind_calc()

tor, 14,.07.2005 kl. 00.31 +0200, skrev Zorro:
> Hi,
>
> Odd Skancke a écrit :
>
> > Or maybe discuss how to best implement WCOWORK in both AES's?
> >
> It's better that you talk directly to Olivier.

 Yes.. but I would prefer open discussion on this list, if ppl dont
think it gets too offtopic.

> >>And the application developpers should provide this reason?
> >>
> >>Currently, the MiNT kernel has nothing better that the MagiC one( Maybe
> >>the ext2/Minix partition support?.. nothing important for the final user).
> >>

> > Perhaps not visible to the end user, but then again, Windows does not
> >provide anything important over Linux either, if this is your point of
> >view. But we both know that Linux is a better design.
> >

> Linux a good design? the various BSD yes, but linux... ( please, don't

 perhaps bsd is better than linux, but linux is better than windows ;-)

> >>When the freemint kernel will offer a *good* memory protection, virtual
> >>memory and ELF external libraries/binaries, the users will "switch"
> >>automatically.
> >>

> > Together with XaAES, MiNT actually offers very good memory protection,
> >not perfect, but very good.
> >
> IMHO we will have a good memory protection when we will have the virtual
> memory to provide separate address spaces. ( just my 0.1 cent).
>

> > There are still problems with some (if not
> >all) VDI's
> >
> And with some apps.

 Yes, some apps stray so far from Atari's programming guidelines that
they will never work under MP/VM no matter how good the implementation.
Yet another compatibility problem .. what do we do about it?

 Odd Skancke