Re: [MiNT] Re[2]: GEM boost

> Ok, havent really tried a Mac yet. Maybe that one can do it...

Yes it can. ;o) There is of course no system that can beat the Atari's
GUI-feel-speed relative to memory or processor speed (meaning a snappy usable
response at 8MHz and with 512K of memory), but when you provide a mac with
enough memory it's nice and smooth (and quick to open and run the webbrowser
Safari) ;o) at only a few hundred MHz. Every time I showed my G4 to my
Wintel-friends, they guessed it had an 1.2GHz processor at least. It was
450MHz. :o)

But even now I'm used to a 2x1.8GHz G5, my TT still doesn't feel sluggish or
obsolete at all. As long as I don't use it to browse the web. ;o)

Maurits.