Re: [MiNT] Re[2]: GEM boost

> >> Then my next question is - what would make MiNT more attractive to MagiC
> >> users, or rather what is unattractive about MiNT?
> >
> > Usually misinformed opinions like yours.
>
> Uhmm .. that didn't answer my question.

It does. It's this whole "unixy geeky" reputation that keeps people away from
MiNT. But the real underlying reason for the statistics is of course much
easier: In the early 90s, MagiC was the easiest way to go and you only used
MiNT if you had a special reason to. Nowadays, the few remaining Atarians
just use their Atari nostalgicly and hence they are not going to change
platforms on it now, no matter how nice EasyMiNT is (most don't even know it
exists). SpareMiNT and EasyMiNT came too late to make a significant change in
this.

By the way, I don't know where this 50% statistic comes from but I wonder if
it's accurate today; seeing the activity of developers on the MiNT side in
recent years I'm starting to doubt it.

Maurits.