[MiNT] Re[2]: Pexec mode 0

Hi!

> k_exec.c, sys_pwaitpid() - where the return walue for Pexec(0) comes from:
  ^^^^^^^^
  k_exit.c

>                  /* Strip down the return code of the child down to 8 bits.
>                     Some misbehaving programs exceed this limit which could
>                     cause a misinterpretation of the wait status signaled
>                     (with possible memory faults if the signal would be
>                     > NSIG).  */
>                  r &= 0xffff00ff;

AHA! Very interesting! A comment in the MiNT source code...
That's going to be our reference docs in the future?

Sorry, I am sure you tried to help but your answer is not helpful at
all like that.

Where does the above info come from? Since when is it not allowed to
return 16 bit values with Pterm anymore?? Which docs say that? Mine
certainly don't...

Let me illustrate. I wrote two programs (pseudcode):

A: Pterm($abcd)

B: print Pexec(0,"A")

Program B prints $cd on the screen.

I am not allowed to do this or what? According to that comment above,
I am not and I simply can't imagine this...

Cheers, Ingo =;->