Re: [MiNT] pexit, pwaitpid and return values

on 10/28/05 7:15 PM, Odd Skancke wrote:

> Anyone with ideas on this matter? Perhaps a new extended pwait()
> function is needed? As it is now, it is impossible for processes to
> communicate more than a 8 bit signed number except when Pexec modes
> where parent waits for child to finish is used. This is unacceptible. Or
> is there something I have missed?

I don't know what the proper solution is for this dilemma.  However, I can
tell you I have 2 programs (commercial software) with manuals that state
this.  Return code:
  less than 0 = gemdos error code
  equals 0 = all ok
  greater then 0 = number of errors detected

I could have of other programs this effects, but these 2 I use more than
any. Naturally the positive return codes were very confusing at first when I
knew for a fact the error was from a missing file (-33).

Whatever you changed worked.  I get the correct return value now for the
first time in a very long time.  ;-)  Cheers

--
Lonny Pursell    http://www.bright.net/~gfabasic/