Re: [MiNT] XaAES and objc_xedit

man, 27,.03.2006 kl. 21.13 -0500, skrev Standa Opichal:
> Hi!
>
> As I was thinking about it a little more I think that the matter would
> need even some changes to the API.
>
> The problem is that at this point it is not easily possible to call the
> objc_edit() so that it would just 'redraw' the OBJECT including the
> text editing cursor. The objc_xedit() is fine in case there is
> just one rectangle you need to update.
>
> But considering there could be a possibility to edit text fields in the
> background located window for example it might be needed some of the
> following:
>
>  * to have objc_*edit*() equivalent that is able to accept an array
>    of clipping rectangles

 This would be possible, but I do not understand why you cannot use
objc_wedit() in this case. Most of the time object tree containing the
editable is limited by a windows rectangle list ... or am I missing
something?

>  * or create some sort of objc_xedit() redraw only API variation which
>    could be called several times with different rectangles to update
>    the cursor correctly).

 Yes, this is another solution to this specific problem.

> Comments?

 I am currently working on objc_data() function calls whose intention is
to hide the object tree from user programs. I found out that in order to
support decent editing, we may as well create a standard API for
application to use, and leave the object structures to the AES. This
will enable us to do enhancement to the AES objects without having to
worry about application modifying the objects without the AES knowing
it. I have changed CF-lib to support this when available, and the
current available modes works like a charm with Qed and TosWin2 .. but
since this work is not finished its not into the cvs yet. What this has
to do with objc_edit? Well, i think that decent editing in AES objects
wont be possible without extended information in TEDINFO structure for
example. But just adding and maintaining such info about objects is next
to impossible due to the fact that apps can modify the trees in all
directions without the AES knowing it. I want to change that.

 But until this is a reality, i think you should solve your problem by
using objc_wedit()... if I aint missing something vital :)

 Btw, have a look at http://ae.dhs.nu/xaaes/snap_32b.png for a preview
of the window/object renders progress. This will be extremely
configurable. In relation to this, I would encourage everyone to NOT,
NOT, NOT use progdef's to draw AES objects, as those will destroy
themes!

 Thomas Binder, you must change Thing to not use progdef's when run on
XaAES, at least. Send me the sources? Please? What do I have to do to
get the sources? Ok .. I tried :-)

 Best Regards,
Odd Skancke