Re: [MiNT] wind_set(WF_TOPMOST)

Seeing Olivier's screenshot strengthens my feeling that the whole
idee of topmost windows is not good.

Imagine there is a law saying "Thou shallt not steal"
of which you might agree. Then shortly after you read in the
small print: "Unless thou art big and strong".

Applications like taskbars and task managers could be considered
part of the desktop. So they should actually be 'bottom-but-1-most'.

The user, who wants to be in control, can always decide to
move, or hide its own windows or actively top the 'system' window.

I dont like the idee of giving up the simple and obvious rule
of 'top window has focus'.

This is just my personal feeling.
It expresses a users point of view.
I know, that if I got confronted with applications that force
themselves in front, I would remove such programs from my system.

--
Groeten; Regards.
Henk Robbers.    mailto:h.robbers@chello.nl