Re: [MiNT] gcc 4.2.2 compile error

> With the current patch, there is no problem while cross-compiling.
> I can't remember exactly, but some define (maybe __BSD ?) was defined
> during the configure tests, but not while compiling libstdc++-v3, thus
> causing further problems.

hm, hard to say what exactly is the problem -- my cleanest solution
was to add check to config/generic/c_locale.cc file also for C99
(_GLIBCXX_HAVE_STRTOF and _GLIBCXX_HAVE_STRTOLD implies
_GLIBCXX_USE_C99 but unfortunately doesn't). So instead of:

#if defined(_GLIBCXX_HAVE_STRTOF)

I use:

#if defined(_GLIBCXX_HAVE_STRTOF) && defined (_GLIBCXX_USE_C99)

and everything is OK (same for STRTOLD). But it would be nice to know
if it's bug either in str_to_xx detection (i.e. there shouldn't be
_GLIBCXX_HAVE_STRTOxx defined) or there's somewhere C99 flag to be
set.

> Go to the GCC source directory and type:
> ./config.guess
> The script tries to guess the host triplet.

well, output is: m68k-atari-mint1.17a (on my falcon)

> I think the release should not be included (just like for Linux or
> Cygwin). But if it is here, maybe there is some good reason.
> Or just a bad copy/paste ?

Probably bad copy/paste since I see no logic in this. Maybe this was
precaution for some early versions of MiNT where could be some
incompatibility, who knows.

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org