Re: [MiNT] Binutils 2.18 + GCC 4.2.3

MiKRO wrote:
> - well known (at least to me) problem with "have strtof/strtold", I
> had to #undef these two flags in c++locale.cc

I finally found what was different between the native build and the cross build. On some targets, during the GCC bootstrap, the configure script of libstdc++-v3 does not know all the libraries required, so it is not able to do linker tests. Thus, on native builds, the linker tests are performed (in libstdc++-v3/configure.ac: if $GLIBCXX_IS_NATIVE ...), but on cross builds, some other tests are performed, or hardcoded values are used (in libstdc++-v3/configure.host).

Another thing is that _GNU_SOURCE must be defined in order to enable all the features of the MiNTLib and compile libstdc++-v3 successfully.

I changed 2 things:
- In the previous patch, the -D_GNU_SOURCE was only defined for cross compilation. It is now defined for native builds, too. - Now, the native and cross tests produce (more or less) the same results in config.h

I made a new GCC patch, available at the usual place:
http://vincent.riviere.free.fr/soft/m68k-atari-mint/
It affects only C++.
Now the behavior should be the same with native and cross compilers.
This will have to be verified when someone tries to make a full native build.

So far, if I remember well, there is no more problem with GCC 4.2.3 ?

--
Vincent Rivière