Re: [MiNT] SV: SV: OT Highwire

Jo Even Skarstein píše v Čt 13. 11. 2008 v 09:05 +0100:
> > as soon as you port the FLTK you can just compile the Dillo, no need
> > porting it, I believe.
>
> Yes, but then you'll have a FLTK application running under the VDI,
> not a GEM application. It will have it's own widgets and it's own
> look. IMO that's not much different from running it under X.

It sure is a difference. First, almost nobody is really able to get the
X running decently (AFAIK) while this would work under GEM without
further configuration, and second, you can always gradually improve the
FLTK port to mimics the AES as closely as possible.

Anyway, Dillo was just an idea of a real small and lightweight browser.
Webkit would be much better rendering engine to start with. And you
could even write the UI around it in pure AES ;-) I am just trying to be
realistic here, given the available manpower and CPU horsepower...

Petr