Re: [MiNT] EmuTOS for ColdFire

I see what you mean, but what's the alternative? Let's say we port the OS to ARM
I think the important question which should be answered by developers of this new clone is -- if there is even a need for some alternative. For example, take a look at Atari800 guys -- they're doing fantastic hardware addons but nobody speculates about making some clone or, advanced machine with 'some' backward compatibility. That guys simple don't need / want it.

Maybe we're just trying to "emulate" behavior of Amiga community -- they love their AmigaOS so much they don't care on what machine (or in what form -- see MorphOS, AROS & co) it runs. Even when I like FreeMiNT, I'm in doubt if majority of Atari users can say the same about it (especially when majority of Atari users ignores FreeMiNT completely even now).

As I said, there should be some public poll before announcements like this. The risk of being disappointed and work / effort being wasted is quite high.

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org