Re: [MiNT] binutils problem ??

Alan Hourihane wrote:
I think we should push the majority of these patches upstream. We can
always fix later when we get ELF support. But it'd be real nice to have
Atari supported out of the box.

Would you be willing to do this ??

Yes, I will surely be happy to try to put the updated MiNT patches into the official binutils sources.

However there are still some things to finish.

I have to finish to implement cleanly the --stack option of ld, it will be easy. My quick and dirty patch worked quite fine, Keith managed to build easily a native GCC with that.

You also found a bug, with ld -r not working, or something like this. I believe I broke that when I cleaned/simplified the MiNT patches. This has to be reworked.

And before asking the official binutils developers to include MiNT support in the official sources, the latest version and the MiNT patch should be considered as the official one, including in SpareMiNT, don't you think ?

--
Vincent Rivière