Re: [MiNT] XaAES 1.16.3 patch 2009-11-30

2009/11/30 Petr Stehlik <pstehlik@sophics.cz>:
> Paul Wratt píše v Po 30. 11. 2009 v 19:42 +1100:
>> >
>> > even better: produce unified diff (diff -u) that can be read and applied
>> > easily.
>> >
>> > Petr
>>
>> good, I saw that option, but don't yet understand it. will read up.
>
> No reason to study it deeply, just supply the "-u" argument to diff and
> the output will change. The unified diff is not only more human readable
> but also can be applied automatically using the 'patch' program even to
> files that have changed in the meantime. So the unified diff is much
> more "portable" or time-persistent or how to call that :-)
>
>> BTW, I have aleady applied Helmut's XaAES patch to both my CVS source
>> (for 1.16.3 and 1.17)
>
> I'd be glad if the ARAnyM/whatever XaAES color problems got sorted out.
> I think both Patrice and Johan ARAnyM developers are reading this list
> so they could reply if something is wrong in ARAnyM. Or just CC the
> aranym list if you're unsure. Cross posting shouldn't matter as the
> traffic is low there.
>
> Petr

Thanks dude, when I get something that affects ARAnyM, I will be
joining that list too (having already read certain threads). I do have
some questions for them about Natural Features, but that is for
another time.. ;)

I will spend a bit of time tomorrow going through the kernel side of
thing, and try to figure out what might be affecting output from a vdi
call that XaAES is using. It may even have something to do with the
default resolution being chosen by MiNT, causeing the kernal module to
set and "odd resolution" that gives a "weird" pixel format, or it may
actually be getting thre "true hardware pixel format"

Anyways, I understand what you mean about unified diff being used by
patch. Patch is the main reason I use diff, but the SpareMiNT version
is a bit old, and it "threw me". I quoted recusive diff options to
PeterS in another thread, they are one I got from a Gentoo patch for
Zoo, that I used to generate diff's for my linux distro, and all those
diff outputs are "human readable" and its easy to tell what gets added
and dropped where..

Cheers, and thanks again

Paul
PS got any IceWM themes you would like to see on AtariST desktop?