Re: [MiNT] Greek keyboard table

2009/12/8 Alan Hourihane <alanh@fairlite.co.uk>:

>> > Usually, sending a diff to the list would suffice for others to review,
>> > comment and commit on your behalf.
>>
>> If I'm not wrong, the tables are binary files.
>
> If they are what I'm thinking, they're not ->
> tools/mktbl/keyboards/*.src

so converting Christos new Greek .tbl with a bin->src converter, and
adding a GK (or greek) forlder to "tools/mktbl/keyboards/" should do
the trick

>> We didn't decide how to provide them.
>> I don't know if diff and patch can be used reliably on binary files.
>
> Indeed. Certainly for the .fnt files there's no point.
>
> Alan.

there are (TTF) fonts that are GNU, presuming FreeMiNT is also GPL
compliant. if not, now is a good time to formalize "compaibity" with
other (open source) licencing, to simplify future additions of
non-specific content (which there will be)

If Greek was added to kernel support, it would be a good time to call
for other languages currently not included.. it is by no means
complete.. provided there is someone to provide the requirements, and
verify there use

In this line of thinking, what are the possibilities for non-european
languages (read: Asian, and "other")

Paul