Re: [MiNT] Greek keyboard table

From: "Paul Wratt" <paul.wratt@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 08, 2009 6:56 AM
To: "mint" <mint@lists.fishpool.fi>
Subject: Re: [MiNT] Greek keyboard table

If they are what I'm thinking, they're not ->
tools/mktbl/keyboards/*.src

so converting Christos new Greek .tbl with a bin->src converter, and
adding a GK (or greek) forlder to "tools/mktbl/keyboards/" should do
the trick

Yes, if you want to edit your keyboard tables with pen and paper and mktbl ;-)

If Greek was added to kernel support, it would be a good time to call

What do you mean by "kernel support"? Currently the only language support in the kernel is that you can set the AKP language code in the keyboard tables, and the kernel then updates the _AKP-cookie accordingly when loading a table. Then it's up to the applications to evaluate this code.

I think Christos' request for deadkey is a good idea though. I have been thinking a bit about this, and it should not be hard to implement this in the kernel and extend the keytable format to handle this.

Jo Even

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4668 (20091207) __________

http://www.eset.com