Re: [MiNT] XaAES sources for FreeMiNT 1.16.3

2009/12/8 Vincent Rivière <vincent.riviere@freesbee.fr>:
> Paul Wratt a écrit :
>>
>> The setup was ARAnyM 0.9.9,
>
> Just to be sure, in the same directory as aranym.exe, you have the SDL DLL
> provided by ARAnyM 0.9.9, right ?
>
> --
> Vincent Rivière

BTW that is MintSetter in the center dialog

linux... SDL 1.2.13
specifically:
libSDL1.2-1.2.13-1pclos2007

All my tests show ARAnyM is not the issue, MiNT 1.17 for ARAnyM
running (on certain hardware maybe???) in ARAnyM is, bu tthen why not
similar results for 1.16. The only changes between 1.16 and 1.17 as
far as XaAES goes, are not related to pixel detection (screen or
texture).

Note that the code posted previously is from the pixel detection
function used for textures and gradients, which also answers why
texturing "works" in 256 color modes, because of "if (screen.planes >
8) " only then does it test pixels, and fail. By the way it uses a
different vdi "texture convert" function for 256 color, than for >256.

Just because it works (here) in 256 color does not mean it is working
properly (I have nothing to compare it to) or that the pixel detection
is still not an issue for XaAES, as hinted at by the fact textures are
converted to the first 16 color of the 256 palette (but again, I have
nothing to compare it to)

The functions that should affect this (in XaAES) are unchanged between
versions, according to those who have looked (I have 1.16.3 source to
compare against, I have confirmed those as unchanged). But that is
inconclusive without a thorough search.

If ( (v1_16_XaAES == v1_17_XaAES) && (v1_16 != v1_17) &&
(is_ok(v1_17_040)) && (platform == ARAnyM) )
{
 .. it appears to be mintara.prg, if possibly only on certain
hardware, which does not explain why 1.16 is fine, except that (v1_16
!= v1_17 )
}

Finally, it must also be noted that this "invalid pixel format" does
NOT affect applications (just XaAES and texture/gradient rendering)

if you were to define a test procedure that others could follow, I am
prepared to run them again..

Paul