Re: [MiNT] XaAES sources for FreeMiNT 1.16.3

Vincent Rivière a écrit :
Paul Wratt wrote:
what is the current state of v4e support (I see preliminary "hacks" in
kernel Makefile's, they could be cleaner and usable in the regular
way), you know what I am thinking right?

Olivier Landemarre and Didier Méquignon made patches to make FreeMiNT work on FireTOS (ColdFire + 68000 emulation). This was some years ago.

I don't know if the current kernel can still work on FireTOS.

Kernel should work, since Odd and some other have add patchs to stabilize Mint when it is compil with GCC 4.x it should work better! I not see any reason to not work. Notice we not patch assembly code that need coldfire 68K emulator and never try compil XaAES for coldfire (I compil MyAES for coldfire). Gemlib was compil too for coldfire without problem.

One of my next tasks will be to fully port the latest version of FreeMiNT to ColdFire, without the need of 68000 emulation. This will be another trip in unknown land, because I don't even know how to install a full kernel with all its modules. Some hidden bugs will probably appear.
As you are debugging everything now, it will ease my next work :-)

Olivier