Re: [MiNT] Greek keyboard table

2009/12/8 Jo Even Skarstein <joska@online.no>
Paul Wratt skreiv:

there are some TTF fonts specifically designed for screen output, at
low point (not including Tahoma), some are open source, there will be
at least a couple that fit the bill. I suggested TTF because fVDI can
load them.

But Christos needs a 8x16 pixel bitmap font to replace the system font. I don' think a TTF-conversion would be too successful.

Christos - if your current font has the characters you need but not in the right place, I suggest using a simple GDOS font editor and move the characters around. Then post the keyboard table and font to this list.

Jo Even

That's not exactly the problem. The greek characters or at least most of them sit above the 8-bit asci table that the atari provides in the newer encodings.
For this to work we'd have to make an extension of the table to 16-bit.

     Here are some greek ttf fonts that are used in x-windows..

http://graphis.hellug.gr/packages/freefont.tar.bz2

I haven't tested them on the falcon yet but I will tomorrow...

They are free..