Re: [MiNT] XaAES sources for FreeMiNT 1.16.3

Paul Wratt wrote:

The "side affect" I mentioned at the top, is that any ASM that is
included in current OS development, will then require v4e  compatible
compilers, and this is a fundamental is that will probably be one of
the "last" things ever looked at, as no doubt Henk will attest to when
he has completed AHCC for Coldfire platforms. That level can make even
a delve in to  the kernel by experienced programmers look like "a
stroll in the part with you grand mother", hell even a lot of good ASM
programmers wont go there..

I am not quite sure if I understand what you mean here.

The funny thing is that I started Coldfire work on the assembler
first. Because that will take the most amount of time.

In AHCC the assembler is a parser at the front end.
It would be much easier for me if there was no need for a
assembler at all.

Assembler buffs, have mercy on me. I spend a lot of time
writing stuff I try to avoid like hell.

--
Groeten; Regards.
Henk Robbers. http://members.chello.nl/h.robbers