Re: [MiNT] Bugtracker

On Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 5:44 AM, Jo Even Skarstein <joska@online.no> wrote:
> Paul Wratt wrote:
>
>> then this should not be a problem. But the other point about wiki is
>> that you could not (simply) integrate current non wiki content, ie
>> TosHyp
>
> Let's not make this any more complicated than it needs to be. The wiki
> is just a simple way to have a maintainable web-site with more or less
> static stuff. You don't need to integrate "everything" into the wiki,
> links to the current CVS-interface, bugtracker etc will work just fine
> as these things are already working well.
>
> Rob has already installed MediaWiki on his server, and in a few days I
> will have some spare time and will create the basic structure of a wiki
> which I think will be helpful for both users and developers. IMO a lot
> can be done without too much effort. This is important to the FreeMiNT
> project, as manpower is very limited and time should be spent on testing
> and development. The CVS, bugtracker and mailing list is already there
> and working. It's just a matter of tying it together.
>
> Jo Even

Cool it is more important that we have something up that can be
fleshed out, rather than what is used as the back end. If its wiki so
be it, as long as most other feel OK about using it, I dont mind, and
I can help out later on if the content need porting (if it comes to
that)

"You don't need to integrate "everything" into the wiki" - I want
access to TosHyp from an webdev page for FreeMiNT, XaAES, and others,
which mean cross-referencing AES, VDI, TRAP's, calls, kernel Lib,
GemLib, etc. This will also help in developing the thread discussions
on AES and VDI into hard copy (as it were)

I was of the opinion that I would have to create the catalog by hand,
this can be in the wiki, but I also wanted it to be used locally as
well (offline). However I also dont mind editing other comment to add
the required referencing and cross-referencing links to TosHyp.

As for limited man power, I think if there is something up (on the
web) that others can contribute to (especially without username and
passwords) then you will find there are more "hands on deck" than can
be seen from any one part of the net (lists, forums, developers, etc)

It will also help with non-dev (CVS) related development, and and out
line of what could be called "a complete OS applications set", of
which there is quite a bit available as open source, but most need
updating, or tweaking, or fleshing out. eg:
   DSP only play back routines for mxPlay (for AranyM)
   alternate config layouts for Qed, TeraDesk, etc
   customizable inteface for HighWire (plus more DOM work)
   etc

Yes there is a tons of stuff that needs doing, but if its all up where
people can see what needed, and find all tools and docs need to do any
changes, it will happen faster, and you might be surprised by who
contributes to what projects

So, yes please, get wiki up ASAP, and then some of us can concentrate
on supply the required docs, links, devkits, etc, while other continue
there current dev work.

Cheers

Paul