Re: [MiNT] Gentoo FreeMiNT (off topic)

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 3:31 PM, Jo Even Skarstein <joska@online.no> wrote:

> But as we all know, programmers don't like to document ;-) My
> own projects are very poorly documented, so I won't ask other
> programmers to do so either.

The truth of the situation is that the volume of work required at code
level makes even the suggestion of asking a programmer to take time
out to do docs totaly impractical, and would slow down the dev process
even further.

However, programmers are (generally) got at keeping notes or change
logs. As long as those are not vague, then another should be able to
take up the task, should there be a requirement.

While going through sources, XaAES, MiNT and HighWire, and the process
of updating toshyp, I will look at how the current source perform
under source doc'ing apps, like doxygen. This is also an issue with
having docs in wiki, but at least there are tools and ways to automate
the exchange process.

This become infinitly more "tricky" if the docs are in CVS, unless
they can be made available in there own CVS, then the whole process
could be automated from both source AND wiki

> Jo Even

I have broken up my reply to make it more palletable, and easier to reply to

Paul