[MiNT] Gentoo/FreeMiNT "preview" release

Hi folks,

Sorry for the delay (yet again), but I've finally uploaded a snapshot.
It's a tarball which should be classed as a "preview".

There's a couple of issues with this "preview" release that I'm working
on sorting out over the next few weeks, but I didn't want to keep
delaying and preferred to get something out now for people to poke at,
provide feedback, questions etc.

If you visit http://gentoo.atariforge.org there's a link for the
tarball. Just ensure you have a clean filesystem (probably best via
easymint install and mke2fs on the volume). Then unpack. Ensure your
mint.cnf creates the correct symlinks (with the sln command) to the
directories created. And then you can do INIT=/bin/bash in the mint.cnf
too.

At the moment, if you try to update a package it will compile from
source. I need to work out what's wrong to pull down the binaries from
the page I've been working on to avoid that.

This is compiled for 68000 so should work on all machines, albeit with
enough memory. Basic 4MB ST's might struggle. I've been running this on
my TT and Falcon for quite some time now.

You can run "emerge --sync" to pull down the latest portage tree, but if
there's a portage update, don't install it as portage will break.
There's a mintlib bug I need to fix to sort this out.

All the normal "emerge" commands are available (or should be), but
remember things will build from source until I can work out what's
missing for binary updating from the page I've setup.

Any questions feel free, and enjoy.

Alan.