Re: [MiNT] Gentoo/FreeMiNT "preview" release

Alan Hourihane wrote:
If you visit http://gentoo.atariforge.org there's a link for the
tarball.

Hello.

I have just tried your snapshot on ARAnyM, and I think it works as expected.
I took an EasyMiNT setup, then I made a new ext2 partition of 1 GB and I unpacked your tarball. The data is 633 MB.
Then I replaced the original d: by the new Gentoo partition.

I have not modified the mint.cnf file, neither the kernel which is still 1.16.
At startup, it complains that /sbin/init is not found. I type bash manually and I'm in the shell.
I can run all the usual commands.
I have not setup the network yet.

I can run manually xaloader.prg from the shell then I'm on TeraDesk as usual. TosWin is not available anymore, I have not investigated (may be it was on the old d: ?)

I had strange errors while untaring:
tar: usr/share/man/man3/B\:\:C.3pm.bz2: Cannot open: No such device or address
tar: usr/share/man/man3/B\:\:Concise.3pm.bz2: Cannot open: No such device or address

Was there colons in the filenames ?

Finally, this works quite fine.
Good job, Alan.

--