Re: [MiNT] Patch for xaloader.prg

Paul Wratt wrote:
On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 9:06 AM, Peter Persson <pep.fishmoose@gmail.com> wrote:

On 2 mar 2010, at 15.51, Jo Even Skarstein wrote:

That's true, but when using a boot manager it's a lot easier to do this than editing configuration-files which I would have to do if I started everything from mint.cnf. But there's no problem in creating a boot-manager that works by manipulating mint.cnf or perhaps a startup-script run from mint.cnf. It could also (de)activate the correct device drivers for the current hardware.

I'd much rather have a conditional application launcher which checks cookies etc and launches the binary if the specified criteria is met.

Example (mint.cnf)

exec cload "_MCH==0x0004000" 68882.prg

Another approach could be to extend the mint.cnf parser to handle conditionals with variables based on cookies and other system properties.

But either way - I'm fully aware of the fact that my proposed loader doesn't cure cancer, but that wasn't the scope either. If someone else would like to implement what you're proposing that's just great, but personally I have no need for it at the moment.

-- PeP

Is it work adding some IF COOKIE= to the cnf parser then. This might
be useful for XaAES as well (which also uses mint cnf parser)

I think it has potential

You can find the original cnf parser of XaAES2002 on my web page.
It had conditionals. I needed those.

--
Groeten; Regards.
Henk Robbers. http://members.chello.nl/h.robbers