Re: [MiNT] Gentoo Installer? (PLEASE: NO DAYDREAMING IN THIS THREAD PLEASE!)

2010/3/23 George Nakos <ggn@hol.gr>:
> Hello,
>
>  Ever  since  Alan  got his Gentoo snapshot out, I'm like "oh neat! I
>  have  to  try  this  out!". To be honest though, the install process
>  kind  of  turns me off. Install easymint then untar gentoo on top of
>  it?

I have been running this for a while now and i like it!  So, just a
quick comment:

There is no need to install all of easymint. You need mke2fs, tar and
gzip. A mint kernel and a shell (i suggest conholio) is also useful...
Thats about it.
Boot to shell or aes, mke2fs on the partition you want to use. tar
zxvf Alans tarball. Voila.

An installer would be awesome tho :)

-Kaare