[MiNT] Gentoo Installer? (PLEASE: NO DAYDREAMING IN THIS THREAD PLEASE!)

Hello,

  Ever  since  Alan  got his Gentoo snapshot out, I'm like "oh neat! I
  have  to  try  this  out!". To be honest though, the install process
  kind  of  turns me off. Install easymint then untar gentoo on top of
  it?

  One  idea is to modify the easymint installer to support gentoo. But
  I  don't know if Marc-Anton is interested in doing it and/or has the
  free time for it. (Now would be a good time for him to respond!)

  Failing   this,  why  not  writing  a  small  text-based  (for  now)
  installer?  It  would  more or less do what easimint installer does,
  call  a few external programs, copy a few files, generate a mint.cnf
  et voila.

  First  of all of course Alan needs to comment, in order to explain a
  bit  the Gentoo package structure (for times when the distro reaches
  a  more mature format than a single tar.bz2). Then we can proceed in
  making  a  barebones  script  and  then  implement  it  into a small
  program.

  Like  I  write  on  topic, please please please don't start replying
  with  20-page  novels that noone is interested to read, or suggest a
  ton  of "cool" features. Let's just stick to making something usable
  right now, with scope for easy improvement later on.

  Hope to reading some constructive replies!

--
Best regards,
 George                          mailto:ggn@hol.gr