Re: [MiNT] Crash and endless scrolling at boot

Am 17.03.2010, 18:29 Uhr, schrieb Jean-Luc CECCOLI <Jean-Luc.Ceccoli@wanadoo.fr>:

It's the first time I can read this.
I encounter at least a crash per day, most currently when booting,

Always with this message?

as I'm to select the boot config, sometimes when xaaes is to be

You mean the MiNT-config-menu?

launched, and from time to time as I'm running the mailer or news
reader.
In all cases, all I can do is push the reset button.
But there, yes, it's the very first time I can see this one.

What do you see in other cases?

I'm running MiNT 1-17 (Mint060, 2153106 bytes) along with xaaes
0.999 alpha (yours, if I'm not wrong).

0.999 is always mine, but that's for sure not the cause.

sleeping in bio_unit_wait

This has something to do with the cache, the data is not yet
read/written but new has arrived and the read/write does not return as
what I understand from a first glance.

Maybe you lower your speed or get a faster disk and try again.

Or play with cache-sizes, or disable cache.

May also be a BUS-issue.

But that's just guessing ..

-Helmut