Re: [MiNT] Keyboard-problem with XaAES helmut-branch

On 06/11/2010 11:46 PM, Helmut Karlowski wrote:

>>> That's the problem with this issue. I've been having this since MiNT
>>> 1.15. Maybe Ctrl-S helps to reproduce it.
>>
>> I have not noticed this until tonight.
>
> Now you know how it feels ;)

Well, it happens all the time with this build. If I switch to the one
from September that I have been using it does not happen.

>> Indeed. Something is seriously wrong with Taskbar when run under the
>> latest build of XaAES. Common tasks that works fine with previous
>
> You mean in connection to taskbar or just plain apps crashing?

In connection with Taskbar. It could be a problem with Taskbar, or it
could be accidental since I use Taskbar all the time.

>> XaAES-builds cause crashes with the latest build. No memory violations
>> or anything, just a solid lock-up of the AES. Switch back to the build
>> from September, and everything is fine. I'll look closer into this.
>
> Would be surely important to trace this.

There seems to be a pattern. When Taskbar becomes unresponsive, XaAES'
Ctrl+Alt-hotkeys stops working. So it seems to be related to the
keyboard handling. I don't know if the hotkeys stop working because of a
problem with Taskbar, or if Taskbar stops working because of a problem
with XaAES.

According to top Taskbar eats all available CPU when this happens, but
general performance seems to not be affected. It looks like Taskbar is
busywaiting for something. I really must dig into this tomorrow night.

Jo Even