Re: [MiNT] wiki.sparemint.org as default?

On 07/20/2010 06:42 PM, Miro Kropacek wrote:

> I spend some time on sparemint's wiki, even added some bits and I

Good! I have a couple of comments to some of your edits:

1. I replaced stubs with information about fVDI and ARAnyM with direct
links to the web-sites for these projects. I have not deleted the stubs
so the changes can easily be reverted, but how does people feel about
adding articles about other projects to this wiki? Personally I don't
like it very much, as these can easily be outdated. A link directly to
the source is better.

2. Moved the "other CVS projects" list to a new article under
"resources". However, I'm not sure if all of this should be in this wiki
at all. There is login/checkout-information for each of these (many)
projects, which means that this article can very easily be outdated.
It's probably better to just have links to the projects' websites.

> couldn't find a reason why this wiki shouldn't be as welcome page on
> sparemint.org. Jo has done excellent job to put there every important
> information, I really see no reason why to keep / update old / static
> web. Of course things like changelogs, statistics, RPM packages and ML
> archives could be linked as they are from this wiki, at least unless
> we find better solution. But the rest -- it's already in wiki!

Well, much of the stuff I added are simply outlines of future contents.
E.g. the user manual is very, very incomplete. I hope you guys can help
me fill out the missing stuff. I simply have a lot less time than
expected. Also, I've been sidetracked by some 8-bit projects and a
vintage motorcycle I recently aquired :-)

> What do you think?

Replacing the current SpareMiNT main page with the wiki was my intention
all along :-) However, current Atari browsers are not capable of
displaying MediaWiki-sites, and I feel it's important to be able to
browse the SpareMiNT pages with a computer running FreeMiNT... So for
now I'd say that the best solution is to keep (and update if anybody has
the time for that) the current front page but add a link to the wiki.

Jo Even