Re: [MiNT] Bit-Depth and Graphics stuff....

Hello Eero,

Sunday, July 18, 2010, 10:13:39 AM, you wrote:

> According to this only 256 colors can be used per image block although
> the amount of colors in the whole image can be larger.  But the page also
> says that most (image creation) programs don't support more colors for
> gifs and that it's impractical to use them.

> So I don't think they're common on the www-pages and a browser, especially
> for something like Atari machines where performance and memory usage is
> more important, could treat & store them as 8-bit...

This  is  kind  of a moot point. If netsurf's gif loading code already
supports  the  full  proper  gif  spec  (with  more than 1 palette per
block),  then  it's  going to render to a 24 bit surface. Meaning that
m0n0  will have to rip out the code and replace it with a simpler one,
and   compatible.   Not   a   bright   move   when  you're  porting  a
thousands-lines-of-code project and you want to add a GEM interface if
you ask me...

--
Best regards,
 George                            mailto:ggn@hol.gr