Re: [MiNT] Conholio 0.7r

On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 5:26 PM, George Nakos <ggn@hol.gr> wrote:
> Hello Paul,
>
> Sunday, July 18, 2010, 10:08:18 AM, you wrote:
>
>> thanks for the info PeP, looking forward to next release
>
>> does anyone have any good/different console fonts (visually speaking).
>> There is one "medieval" included but all others are basically the same
>> font
>
>> A mac style font or and Atari ST Mono font would be nice
>
> So,  by  your  definition, if a font isn't Atari ST Mono or mac style,
> it's the same as the others?
>
> Look  again, Peter bundled a truckload of different fonts, including a
> sweet 4x8 that definitely saves some space on my desktop. It's left as
> an  exercise  to  you  to find it. Good luck spoting it from the other
> samey ones.
>
> --
> Best regards,
>  George                            mailto:ggn@hol.gr

""
So,  by  your  definition, if a font isn't Atari ST Mono or mac style,
it's the same as the others?
""
no, but I checked quite a few of the others, including most of the x8
font, and they are all based on the same font, a PC one (well it is
how I remember DOS fonts to look like), which is why I mentioned the
"medieval" one.

I just dont have _any_ Atari ST screen fonts (lots of
freetype/truetype), and 0 .psf fonts.

I just happen to like both the Atari ST Mono or mac style fonts (as
most other Atari ST users do ;) and  AFAIK Lucidia Console nor most
other TTF monospaced font are available in non-TTF font formats

Paul