Re: [MiNT] Conholio 0.7r

On 07/12/2010 09:38 PM, Peter Persson wrote:
> Hey ppl,
>
> I've made a new version of Conholio, my terminal emulator project for XaAES. This is not a major update, but it cures some bugs which probably affects CTPCI/Radeon users. There were also some bugs regarding the VT100 implementation which manifested themselves in e.g. PICO. Apart from that, this release doesn't add any new features since v0.6.
>
> Conholio is designed to trade memory for speed, and to provide a fast windowed (and fullscreen on certain machines) terminal on machines with slow video throughput. It has tabs, and a brand new VT100 emulator which seems to be more accurate than TosWin. I've tested it successfully on Hades 060 (ET4k and Mach64, 8bpp), Milan 040 (S3, 8bpp and 16bpp), Aranym (fVDI, 16bpp, 24bpp and 32bppI), Falcon060(VIDEL, VDI & NVDI, 1-8bpp, 16bpp), Falcon060(SuperVidel, VDI & NVDI, 16bpp, 32bpp), CT2 and F030@16MHz (NVDI, 1-8bpp, 16bpp). I haven't benchmarked it, but on VIDEL graphics it's magnitudes faster than TosWin in all modes.

It works very well on my Milan 060 with ATI graphics card. Fullscreen
doesn't work, but I guess that's because it's not supported. Have you
considered using the character mode on graphics cards? That would speed
up things a lot.

Regarding speed: It's faster than TosWin2, but not by much. I guess the
difference would be more noticable on a machine with a slower CPU and no
graphics card.

Terminal emulation seems to be very good, I haven't tested it much but I
noticed right away that it's much better than TosWin2 at this.

Jo Even