Re: [MiNT] Conholio 0.7r

17 jul 2010 kl. 10.29 skrev Jo Even Skarstein:

> It works very well on my Milan 060 with ATI graphics card. Fullscreen
> doesn't work, but I guess that's because it's not supported. Have you
> considered using the character mode on graphics cards? That would speed
> up things a lot.

I've experimented with this on the ET4k chipset earlier, with some success! I have access to Mach64, ET4k, Radeon and S3 graphics, and the intention is to add support for all these cards if possible.

> Regarding speed: It's faster than TosWin2, but not by much. I guess the
> difference would be more noticable on a machine with a slower CPU and no
> graphics card.

The program is optimized for low bandwidth video RAM, so the difference is pretty big on e.g. a CT60 without graphics card. On the Hades or Aranym, the difference isn't that big. The concept is based on the idea of one-way transfers to video RAM, which makes a huge difference on slow graphics hardware. I'll be adding vram-vram blits soon, and that should make some difference on graphics cards with blit functionality, but has to be disabled on e.g. VIDEL setups (or it'll be dog slow because of ST-RAM reads & writes).

> Terminal emulation seems to be very good, I haven't tested it much but I
> noticed right away that it's much better than TosWin2 at this.

It works better than I expected it to do, considering that I've never implemented such a thing before. It needs some debuggin using VTTEST (it fails many tests at this point).

I've been using VTTEST over SSH - does anyone know why it doesn't work natively on freemint?

-- PeP