Re: [MiNT] Bit-Depth and Graphics stuff....

From: "Peter Persson" <pep.fishmoose@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2010 1:45 AM
To: <ole@monochrom.net>
Cc: <mint@lists.fishpool.fi>
Subject: Re: [MiNT] Bit-Depth and Graphics stuff....

One more thing. The VDI pens are afaik global, so you shouldn't really be messing with them unless you have to - because it will affect other applications as well (someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the behavior I've seen on the standard VDI
at least).

You are both wrong and right. The VDI "pens" (palette) is global in colour-index mode (palette mode). In truecolour modes it's per application.

And it's OK to change the palette even in palette mode, as long as the first 16 colours are not touched.

Jo Even