Re: [MiNT] Bit-Depth and Graphics stuff....

7 jul 2010 kl. 08.20 skrev Jo Even Skarstein:
> You are both wrong and right. The VDI "pens" (palette) is global in colour-index mode (palette mode). In truecolour modes it's per  application.

Ah, I see. While digging in the TOS 4 VDI sources, I got the impression that they're global too (stored in the Line A table). It would make a lot more sense if they're not global though..

> And it's OK to change the palette even in palette mode, as long as the first 16 colours are not touched.

That's a matter of definition. It will look like crap if you're using 256 colour icons, 256 colour textures or a 256 colour background.

-- PeP