Re: [MiNT] Conholio 0.7r

18 jul 2010 kl. 20.15 skrev Jo Even Skarstein:

> On 07/18/2010 08:00 PM, Peter Persson wrote:
> About supporting GEM fonts - it could be done quite easily by using an
> offscreen bitmap, draw the selected font (put a restriction in the font
> selector on monospaced, byte-wide fonts) on this bitmap and use this a
> the source when copying characters to your buffer. As the offscreen
> buffer will be in the same format as the screen, this will be a straight
> copy.

Interesting idea. That would actually make my life a whole lot easier, and fonts etc. would be Someone Elses Problem (SEP). It does however require a VDI with offscreen bitmap functionality.

It's the only clean way to get access to the font data in memory, right? The alternative would be messing with the Line A, and we don't do that.

> There are also some Atari<->ISO conversion tables in TosWin which can be
> used to map the Atari charset to ISO.

I already stole the Atari->ISO conversion from it :)

> I assume that you maintain an offscreen buffer which is blitted (using
> the VDI) to the screen when necessary?

Yes. I render to this buffer, and blit from it. In fullscreen, the buffer == the frame buffer.

-- PeP