Re: [MiNT] Conholio 0.7r

On 07/18/2010 08:00 PM, Peter Persson wrote:
> There are no docs and no specifications for Conholio. The irony is that I've been a tech writer for many years, but I f-ing hate writing docs nowadays :) I'll do something about that now that people actually try it out.

I know the feeling ;-)

About supporting GEM fonts - it could be done quite easily by using an
offscreen bitmap, draw the selected font (put a restriction in the font
selector on monospaced, byte-wide fonts) on this bitmap and use this a
the source when copying characters to your buffer. As the offscreen
buffer will be in the same format as the screen, this will be a straight
copy.

There are also some Atari<->ISO conversion tables in TosWin which can be
used to map the Atari charset to ISO.

I assume that you maintain an offscreen buffer which is blitted (using
the VDI) to the screen when necessary?

Jo Even