Re: [MiNT] 1.17 Release - Call for documentation updates !

On Mon, 09 Aug 2010 09:54:38 , Alan Hourihane <alanh@fairlite.co.uk> wrote:

> > > No, they are not, we see every day how there's missing this or that or
> > > some random build error occurred etc. I want full package with all
> > > docs, RSCs, themes etc to be reviewed. Now it's just another update
> > > with very few testing. Personally, I never downloaded those builds. I
> > > want to test real release candidate.

> > > Do what do you find as most appropriate, it was just a suggestion.

> > > There were at least 3 more people who volunteered to put extra work in
> > > RC testing. How many people test daily builds?
> > >
> > I have been running the daily build for several months, maybe 5 by now.
> > First with the Helmut build but in the last 5-6 weeks the Trunk build.
> >
> > It is much more stable than 1.16.3 but there have been bugs like the
> > shutdown one and the RAM disc one is still there AFAIK.
>
> Refresh my memory. What ramdisk problem ?
>
> Alan.

For instance, download aniplayer.zip and open it with Arcview.
Now drag the content to the ramdisc window.

It will seem to extract it but nothing will appear in the
window.

If you try to extract it again, then it will stall because
it will try to overwrite to folder/files that are not visible.

Peter