Re: [MiNT] xaaes.txt

On 08/08/2010 10:16 PM, Helmut Karlowski wrote:

> I was expecting this. It's just easier for me to copy/paste from
> anywhere on my HD into a single file than to edit the wiki.
>
>> I'd say we remove the XaAES-stuff from the wiki and just link to this
>> doc (and remove references to the wiki from the doc!), or put the entire
>> doc in the wiki.
>
> Yes - one or another. I think it's important that the mint-release
> contains some current information, and yesterday Alan was about to put
> the release out today at 10 am, but this will probably not happen.
>
> The udo-source has the advantage to produce tons of output-formats, not
> just html, I think that's a great advantage.

There are advantages and disadvantages of both solutions, but I think
it's important to agree on one. If not, we're duplicating work and we
end up with fragmented docs.

> wiki has the advantage that many can easily participate, without using
> time of someone with cvs-access, but there did not happen very much the
> last months.

If that's because of the wiki itself then this is a valid point. But I'm
not so sure if this is the case. I didn't see any docs in any other
format created during that time either ;-)

> Is there a way to import/export to/from the wiki and keep both in sync?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Export

But that's not very helpful right away. Someone who knows XML needs to
write a script/program to transform these exported articles to e.g. UDO
source format. Paul? We talked about this seven months ago.

Jo Even